CLEANING THE INTERIOR
A few handy tips for cleaning the interior of your Mitsubishi:
- Clean plastic, vinyl, leather, fabric and flocked parts with a soft cloth soaked in lukewarm water and a small amount of neutral detergent.
- Don’t use cleaners, conditioners or protectants that contain silicone or wax. These products may cause annoying reflections that obscure your vision.
- Clean the carpet with a vacuum cleaner and remove any stains with carpet cleaner.
- Oil and grease can be removed from carpets by lightly dabbing with a clean, colourfast cloth and stain remover.
CLEANING THE EXTERIOR
Keep the exterior of your Mitsubishi looking clean and new by ensuring the following:
- If the exterior of your vehicle comes into contact with saltwater, anti-freeze, soot or dust, iron powder, bird droppings or any corrosive chemical substances, be sure to wash it immediately.
- After washing your vehicle, make sure all traces of soap or detergent are removed, and wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
- After washing, also carefully clean the joints and flanges of the doors and engine hood where dirt is likely to hide from view.
- If you live in a coastal area, it’s particularly important to wash your car regularly. Wind-born spray from the sea can distribute salt for a distance of up to 20 kilometres from the shore.
CLEANING THE UNDERSIDE
For 4WD vehicles such as the Pajero, Outlander and Triton, it’s important to keep the underside clean – particularly if you drive off-road. This will remove corrosive dirt, dust and salt water.
When washing the underside:
- Be sure to wear a pair of rubber gloves and exercise caution.
- Be careful not to spray water onto any electrical components in the engine compartment.
WEATHER PROTECTION - COLD WEATHER CARE
As the salt and other chemicals spread on the roads in some areas in winter can have a harmful effect on your vehicle, you should clean it as often as possible to prevent corrosion and lasting damage.
If you live in a particularly cold area, be sure to wipe off all water from the rubber parts around the doors to prevent the doors from freezing.
It’s also recommended you book in for a Mitsubishi Preventative Service before and after the winter months – to ensure your Mitsubishi remains in optimal condition.
PAINTWORK - WAXING
Applying wax to your vehicle can help prevent the build up of dust and road chemicals on your paintwork. When doing so, be mindful that:
- You should apply a wax solution after washing your vehicle, at least once every three months.
- You shouldn’t wax your vehicle in direct sunlight and should only apply wax after the surfaces have cooled.
PAINTWORK - POLISHING
When it comes to polishing your paintwork:
- Only polish your vehicle if the paintwork has become stained or lost its luster.
- Matt-finish parts and plastic bumpers mustn’t be polished as this may stain them or damage their finish.
Sales Trading Hours
Day From To Monday 8:30 am 6:00 pm Tuesday 8:30 am 6:00 pm Wednesday 8:30 am 6:00 pm Thursday 8:30 am 6:00 pm Friday 8:30 am 6:00 pm Saturday Closed Closed Sunday Closed Closed
Service Trading Hours
Day From To Monday 7:30 am 5:00 pm Tuesday 7:30 am 5:00 pm Wednesday 7:30 am 5:00 pm Thursday 7:30 am 5:00 pm Friday 7:30 am 5:00 pm Saturday Closed Closed Sunday Closed Closed
Parts Trading Hours
Day From To Monday 8:00 am 4:00 pm Tuesday 8:00 am 4:00 pm Wednesday 8:00 am 4:00 pm Thursday 8:00 am 4:00 pm Friday 8:00 am 4:00 pm Saturday Closed Closed Sunday Closed Closed
Waverley Mitsubishi Service Center
Search our cars
Search our cars
browse vehicle by condition
browse by price range
browse by body type