CLEANING THE INTERIOR
A few handy tips for cleaning the interior of your Mitsubishi:
- Clean plastic, vinyl, leather, fabric and flocked parts with a soft cloth soaked in lukewarm water and a small amount of neutral detergent.
- Don’t use cleaners, conditioners or protectants that contain silicone or wax. These products may cause annoying reflections that obscure your vision.
- Clean the carpet with a vacuum cleaner and remove any stains with carpet cleaner.
- Oil and grease can be removed from carpets by lightly dabbing with a clean, colourfast cloth and stain remover.
CLEANING THE EXTERIOR
Keep the exterior of your Mitsubishi looking clean and new by ensuring the following:
- If the exterior of your vehicle comes into contact with saltwater, anti-freeze, soot or dust, iron powder, bird droppings or any corrosive chemical substances, be sure to wash it immediately.
- After washing your vehicle, make sure all traces of soap or detergent are removed, and wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
- After washing, also carefully clean the joints and flanges of the doors and engine hood where dirt is likely to hide from view.
- If you live in a coastal area, it’s particularly important to wash your car regularly. Wind-born spray from the sea can distribute salt for a distance of up to 20 kilometres from the shore.
CLEANING THE UNDERSIDE
For 4WD vehicles such as the Pajero, Outlander and Triton, it’s important to keep the underside clean – particularly if you drive off-road. This will remove corrosive dirt, dust and salt water.
When washing the underside:
- Be sure to wear a pair of rubber gloves and exercise caution.
- Be careful not to spray water onto any electrical components in the engine compartment.
WEATHER PROTECTION - COLD WEATHER CARE
As the salt and other chemicals spread on the roads in some areas in winter can have a harmful effect on your vehicle, you should clean it as often as possible to prevent corrosion and lasting damage.
If you live in a particularly cold area, be sure to wipe off all water from the rubber parts around the doors to prevent the doors from freezing.
It’s also recommended you book in for a Mitsubishi Preventative Service before and after the winter months – to ensure your Mitsubishi remains in optimal condition.
PAINTWORK - WAXING
Applying wax to your vehicle can help prevent the build up of dust and road chemicals on your paintwork. When doing so, be mindful that:
- You should apply a wax solution after washing your vehicle, at least once every three months.
- You shouldn’t wax your vehicle in direct sunlight and should only apply wax after the surfaces have cooled.
PAINTWORK - POLISHING
When it comes to polishing your paintwork:
- Only polish your vehicle if the paintwork has become stained or lost its luster.
- Matt-finish parts and plastic bumpers mustn’t be polished as this may stain them or damage their finish.
Sales Trading Hours
Our doors are closed but you can still buy your next car online
Day From To Monday 8:30 am 2:00 pm Tuesday 8:30 am 2:00 pm Wednesday 8:30 am 2:00 pm Thursday 8:30 am 2:00 pm Friday 8:30 am 2:00 pm Saturday Closed Closed Sunday Closed Closed
Service Trading Hours
Services covering essential and critical “vehicle repair, servicing and maintenance”
are permitted to open for onsite work with a COVID Safe Plan. This does not included routine servicing , however would include urgent recalls.
Day From To Monday 8:00 am 12:30 pm Tuesday 8:00 am 12:30 pm Wednesday 8:00 am 12:30 pm Thursday 8:00 am 12:30 pm Friday 8:00 am 12:30 pm Saturday Closed Closed Sunday Closed Closed
Parts Trading Hours
Day From To Monday 8:00 am 1:30 pm Tuesday 8:00 am 1:30 pm Wednesday 8:00 am 1:30 pm Thursday 8:00 am 1:30 pm Friday 8:00 am 1:30 pm Saturday Closed Closed Sunday Closed Closed
Waverley Mitsubishi Service Center
Search our cars
Search our cars
browse vehicle by condition
browse by price range
browse by body type